Edible Food Rescue
Capturing all useable product that would otherwise end up as waste
QLD FOOD BANK PURCHASES any food that is fit for human consumption.
- Product close to ‘Best Before’ or ‘Use By’ date
- Excess and slow moving stock
- Product that is incorrectly labelled or has no label
- Product with damaged packaging
- Sample size and bulk produce
- Ingredients and finished products that fall outside of specification
- We caters for a wide range of welfare agency needs, we also accept personal products (e.g. shampoo, soap, toothpaste) and household products (e.g. laundry detergent and cleaning products).
- or deleted lines
- A lot of our products are 'seconds', because of this some items may be close to or past their 'best before' date and could start to change taste or colour but are generally ok for some time
- Products marked beyond their 'use by' date have been frozen beforehand
- Some packaging could have changed or been damaged but the goods within the package are still good
- Some of our meat products have been pre-cooked and frozen or are prepared frozen meals, which will only require reheating. These foods should be cooked to a temperature of at least 75°C or higher to ensure harmful bacteria are killed
- Vegetables may be seconds and ripe and in some cases require attention.
Qld Food bank looks to develop relationships at all levels of an organisation and establish key contacts across all divisions, business units and production facilities.