BELOW ARE SOME MEDIA RELEASES & ARTICLES ON SOME OF OUR WORK AS WE OPERATE AS A SOCIAL RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS. WE HAVE 2 GOALS 1) SUPPORTING OUR COMMUNITY. 2) ASSISTING OUR INVESTORS INTERESTS
Coordination services by NDMS & Qld Food Bank management team. Cyclone Debbie 2017
Co-oridnaton services by Qld Food Bank - Food Parcel program 2017 (Mackay & Gold Coast)
Qld Food bank is a non-denominational, self funded business which acts as a pantry to the charities and community groups who feed the community when in need. As well as a service to assist low income earners, students, pensioners and more to affordable food options all in which fund our other community programs such as food wastage programs and disaster relief aid.
The concept established over 6 years in the making, It was first established in early 2017 in Mackay, QLD and branched to Gold Coast June 2017. Qld Food bank is a link between the food industry’s surplus food and the welfare sector’s need.
All other fee-for service/projects throughout the year will fund the free aid when required, corporate funding and government and private grants will assist in operational costs as well as paying for specific skilled services if needed (welfare checks will be lead by our Rescue Response trained Medics/Paramedics our scope of practice is ever increasing with nutritionist, upskilled advanced paramedics, dieticians, private firefighting, disaster management and alternative medicine clinicians providing consultation and expert advice in the respective fields with clear communication between our aid and government agencies and their scope of work).
All in all - we will work with with the surrounding areas (directly and through partnered groups/organisations) to eliminate food insecurities which are result of redundancy, low employment options, single parent families, emergency bills which must be paid immediately resulting in no more in weekly budget.
The objectives of our mission/projects is to:
1. Collate relevant information about food waste data in Queensland to assist other organisational studies eg National Food Waste Assessment (completed by UTS 2011)
2. Assist organisations that require food aid eg homeless, DV shelters, Youth drop in centres
3. Emergency Relief Aid locally in Qld and when we grow all of Queensland being dispersed by our self funded private emergency response - self funded by our fee for services during the year.
4. Assist development of youth programs (assist in unemployment and education gaps required by our trade and not trade positions in our communities)
5. Identify key gaps and recommend priority actions required.
6. Providing purpose and perspective to the mental health community (which comprises a large part of the low socio-economic demographic) through gainful training, internships, mentorship programs and eventual employment which has the potential to lessen the impact of mental health issues within Queensland.
"Additionally, in the event of natural disasters (for which our management and volunteers were actively involved during the recent Cyclone Debbie both during the active phase and the clean up), we observed the presence and utilization of food banks would have been invaluable as access to food and water alone becomes scarce." said Miss Samantha Stenberg (Founder)
- Mackay weekly food parcels launching very soon (Nov 2017)
- Gold Coast weekly food parcels launching by Jan 2018
- Natural Disaster aid launched April 2017
- School food wastage program & workshops ready to launch Feb 2018
- Disaster preparation workshops to launch Mackay late 2017. Key speakers booked in.
We have now also established 3 disaster relief territory coordinators to assist our operations and future growth.
- SUNSHINE COAST
- GOLD COAST
Samantha named as Finalist of gold coast young entrepreneur of the year awards with business news Australia.